My Ventosa Cupping Therapy Experience


Massage is one of my guilty pleasures. I get my fix at least once a week, and I get cranky if I don't. It's part of my weekly expenses but it didn't take long to realize that my massage addiction can really mean serious cost. If I get a massage for PhP 500 (USD12 USD), that means I have to alot PhP 2,000 a month, and that excludes my gas going to the spa. Then came the smaller chains that offer massage for as low as PhP 350, which is not bad at all. Just my luck, they also started offering home services at Php 250 which is really a steal! So for some months now, home service has been my staple. 

But last Sunday, I suddenly missed the actual feeling of going to the spa and not worry about my dog attacking the therapist on her way out. LOL. There are also a handful of new establishments that opened around our village and so I trooped to Chetawan Thai Massage. As I was parking, I noticed a lit signage from across that is Banahaw Heals Spa. I've seen several branches of this but never tried it because one, I simply dislike the name, and second, the locations of other branches are dubious. (i.e. I saw one near a girly bar!)

But since this branch is newly opened and is in a decent area,  I decided to fight back my homing pigeon attitude and gave it a shot.


Low rates of Php 100 and Php 150 are only for members. Membership costs Php 500.

Reception area where you can also buy massage oils and scents

They have an opening discount and I'm having serious pain on my back so I decided to get the Back Ache package which includes 1 hour and 15 minutes of full body combination massage and Ventosa Cupping Therapy.

"Ventosa Massage Cupping Therapy is performed by placing glass on specific accupoints on your back. A technique is used to create a vacuum inside the glass placed on your back which lifts the skin.

The skin inside the cup reddens due to the strong cupping which indicates that circulation has been brought to the surface. There is a deep warmth and tingling sensation after the treatment. Ventosa Cupping is generally a painless procedure"

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3613822

Interesting enough is the other function of Ventosa Cupping Therapy in Chinese Traditional Medicine. I've tried acupuncture before and I felt heat (energy) coming in and out of my ear, and so I'm curious to know how Ventosa works in comparison.

"This technique is known to open the "Meridians" of the body. According to traditional Chinese medicine, the flow of "qi" travels throughout the body in channels called Meridians. These are the conduits through which energy flows to every part of the body. Illness results when the qi is blocked at certain points or is not flowing properly throughout the body."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3613822

No discomfort whatsoever. :)

The Ventosa Cupping Therapy works best if followed by a deep tissue massage. I felt a hot, stingy sensation on my back after the therapy which probably means more blood circulation near the skin's surface. It was a nice sensation. :) 

The only problem is that the Banahaw 5-in-1 massage is but a fail. The therapists' pressure was inconsistent, and she only used one type of long stroke in everything. She also massaged my back half the time and therefore left my tired legs and feet unhappy. 

If there's a consolation, that is I liked their oil very much which is a combination of mint and chocolate that smelled so yummy! Otherwise, I'm off the door to try other spas around Las PiƱas.
Back Ache Package (PhP 500)
Foot Wash 
Ventosa Cupping Therapy 
5-in-1 Banahaw Massage
Banahaw Tea



The worst thing is, the red marks stayed for 4 days! So I had to cover up during the Top Gear 7th Anniv Party last Thursday at Amber, The Fort.

Covered and Corporate

Lesson learned, no Ventosa before events, occasions and parties and anytime you feel like stepping out of the house in halter or tube blouse. If you can't wait to get a Ventosa Therapy, then show some skin by wearing shorts or skirts instead. :) 


From the Nook, 
Dang



Comments

  1. try the new Banahaw spa near Alabang Hills they just open last october 10 and their services are really good as well their therapist i enjoy going to that spa, the ambience is really quite and you can really relax. this is their fb account https://www.facebook.com/BanahawAlabangHills?ref=hl.

    My officemates and I enjoys the service since they are new they have a lot of freebies like free membership card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think. Fire away!